ST. LOUIS AUDUBON SOCIETY
St. Louis Audubon Society (SLAS) was established in 1915 as the
St Louis Bird Club. In 1944, the Bird Club became the first local
Audubon chapter in the United States.
Today, the chapter consists of nearly 3,000 members across the St. Louis Metro Region that includes portions of eleven counties in Missouri and Illinois and the City of St. Louis.
Creating a community connection to nature through education and conservation.
- To foster an awareness and understanding of birds and other wildlife and their habitats.
- To educate our community so people can make informed decisions about the natural world.
- Conserve native plants, animals, and their habitats
- Understand the
environmental interrelationships of man with these natural resources
and abiotic resources like soil, air and water
- Promote and support
the protection and conservation of our local, regional,
and global natural systems
- Support conservation and environmental research
- President: Katy Fechter (firstname.lastname@example.org, 618-339-7356)
- Executive Director: Mitch Leachman (email@example.com, 314-599-7390)
- Treasurer: Karen Meyer (314-602-7318)
- Secretary: Chris Ferree
- Vice President-Education: Lisa Nansteel (firstname.lastname@example.org, 636-391-4898)
- Vice President-Conservation: Herb Huebner (email@example.com, 314-873-6633)
- Directors At-large: Jean Favara, Pat Lueders, Michael Meredith, Rixey Ruffin, Andrea Schuhmann, Linda Tossing
Additional Contact Information
- Mailing Address: St. Louis Audubon Society, PO Box 220227, St. Louis, MO 63122
- Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership: Linda Tossing (email@example.com, 314-495-3063)
- Bird/Science/Policy Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: Lisa Nansteel (636-391-4898)
- Field Trips: Mike Grant (email@example.com)