Bring Conservation Home--Invasive Plants
An invasive plant does not naturally occur in the native ecosystem, has few, if any controls in that habitat, easily out competes the native plants and
typically causes harm to that habitat and/or the economy. While the number of non-native plant species that have become invasive is quite small, those few have dramatically altered the environment—in some cases completely eliminating entire natural communities. There are solutions and progress is being made. You can make a difference with your landscape, and our Bring Conservation Home technicians can assist you in doing so. Visit the links below for additional information.
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Invasive Species website
- Midwest Invasive Plant Network
- The Missouri Dept of Conservations list of the top invasive plants
- The Plant Conservation Alliance’s list of Alien Plant Invaders
- Shaw Nature Reserve Invasive Plant Guide